Tips For Moving House With Your Pets
Moving is a tough period not only for humans but also for pets. Moving can be quite traumatic to the pets. The chaos happening in the house stresses a lot, and the least we can do to these furry family members is to pay extra attention to them so to minimise the stress. Given below are some tips and some moving house checklist you must utilise if you are moving with your pets.
1. Take your pet to the vet and get it examined thoroughly. Ask your vet if your pet is in a condition to travel.
2. Whether you hire removalists or not, confine them to a separate room with their favourite toys and sufficient food. This protects them from any potential injuries and keeps them away from all the chaos happening around.
3. Put identification tags on your pet’s collar. They are high chances of them escaping, and this will prove to be handy. You can even consider installing a microchip. Moreover, whether it is a dog or a cat, keep the leash ready for the same purpose.
4. If it is a long journey, do not feed your pet at least 12 hours before the move to prevent travel sickness.
5. As far as possible, try to leave your pet with a friend so that you can get them home only after the interstate removalists Brisbane are done with the unpacking chaos.
6. Before starting the vehicle, ensure that your pet is safely secured in their carrier.
7. If you need to stop somewhere while on the move to buy something, make sure that you do not leave your pet alone in the car, particularly during the summers. Interiors can heat up quickly to a high temperature causing severe illness.
8. In case of a long journey, take regular water and toilet breaks. This is vital for the pets. Also, be careful that they do not escape during these breaks.
9. Just as what you did during packing, keep your pets in a safe room until the removalists in Adelaide unload all your valuables. Place sufficient food, water, toys and litter trays in the room.
10. Your pets are likely to misbehave initially, and it is important not to punish them often for doing so. Punishment induces stress, especially if they do not understand why you are punishing them. Be patient with them.
11. Keep your cat indoors at night after the move to protect it.
12. Stick to the regular walking and feeding routines till your pet settles. They are already overwhelmed with all the change happening around them.
13. It is advisable to take them to a pet after the move as well to make sure that everything is fine.
14. Don’t let your cat outdoors for a minimum of two to four weeks. They might jump into another neighbour’s house or onto the road causing injuries either by the moving vehicles or by other dogs.
These are some tips to minimize your pet’s stress while moving house with them. Don’t forget they are more frightened than you and all they need is someone to reassure them. Be patient with them and love them all the more.
Packing tips when you are moving house
Planning To Relocate? Worried About How To Move Your House?